A top destination for LGBT travelers, Las Vegas can be pricing but with a little planning, you can visit without fear of breaking the bank.
Who doesn’t want to go to Las Vegas? It has consistently ranked as top destination for LGBT travelers. With world-class entertainment, amazing dining, incomparable nightlife, and luxury hotels all in one exciting place, it’s nearly impossible to have a bad time. But living it up can bring the bank balance down.
Here are a few pointers for anyone planning to visit Sin City on a budget:
- Visit Las Vegas in the middle of the week. Mid-week rates can be up to 50 percent lower than weekend rates.
- Don’t follow the pack. Book the week or weekend following major events and conventions such as Consumer Electronics Show, NASCAR or Electric Daisy Carnival, among others. For a complete list of conventions, visit here.
- Savor summer. As summer temperatures soar hotel rates drop, especially during July and August. Don’t worry too much about the heat – nearly all the resorts have great air conditioning and wonderful pools.
- Commit to a rate before the date. Utilize Vegas.com’s rate calendar to help find and compare the best times to visit. To access a hotel’s rate calendar, visit any hotel page on Vegas.com and click on the Rate Calendar tab.
- Double down on the experience. Air and hotel packages or dinner and show packages are frequently cheaper than purchasing items separately. Be sure to check both individual and package rates to compare.
For more information on planning a trip to gay-friendly Vegas, go to lasvegas.com/lgbt.