DC Coalition of Black Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Men and Women
Founded in 1978, the D.C. Coalition seeks to abolish discrimination against, and build a strong political and economic base for the black LGBT community.
Contact Info :
PO Box 77145
Washington, DC 20013
Phone: (202) 609-7509
This record: Created 04/10/2007 - Last updated 06/26/2007
- Focus on Homophobia: Town-hall event to examine homophobia in the black community
- Coalition Coalescing: Black GLBT group taking steps to identify its place in the community
- DC Coalition Stirring: Decades-old black GLBT group hoping to harness momentum
- Problem Solver: Activist Brian Watson honored by GLAA, along with five others
- Pulse of the People: Town-hall meeting examines the state of black, gay D.C.
- D.C. Coalition, Inc.: A Community Profile
- The Queen Mother's Farewell: Carlene Cheatam reflects on her 25 years of GLBT leadership in DC
- AJ King: Next Generation Awards 2013
- Je-Shawna Wholley: Next Generation Awards 2013
- Blowing Up the Coalition: Online-hits jobs undermining marriage equality risk social-justice schism
- D.C. Date with ManDate: Project Healthy Living offering 3-day conference for black gay and bi men
- Opposition to Question 6 in Overdrive: Marriage-equality opponents, down in polls, employ shock tactics, misinformation campaign
- Steve Harvey on the Red Carpet at the Mark Twain Prize: Comedian honors Ellen DeGeneres; says black churches may shut down without black gay participation
- Baltimore Anti-Marriage Fliers Target Race: ''Jump the Broom'' effort possibly connected to consultant convicted in 2010 voter-suppression effort
- Cory Booker at the 2012 HRC Dinner [video]: Mayor of Newark and rising Democratic star connects LGBT rights to the ''spirit of common ancestry''