The National Center for Transgender Equality
''Dedicated to advancing the equality of transgender people through advocacy, collaboration and empowerment.''
Contact Info :
1325 Massachusetts Ave
Washington, DC 20007
This record: Created 04/15/2007 - Last updated 07/26/2007
- Community Responds to Task Force Recommendations: Seven local groups issue response to report assessing the relationship between D.C. police and LGBT residents
- CAP Releases LGBT Detainee Report: Immigration experts share insights on particular challenges for undocumented LGBT immigrants
- D.C. Birth Certificate Bill Passes Second Vote: Legislation named for late Deoni Jones will help transgender and intersex residents correct birth certificates
- Simon Says: Simon Aronoff just wants equality -- for everyone
- Victory Party: Gay rights activists celebrate Supreme Court's decision
- Laverne Cox Rocks: From bullied in Alabama, transgender activist and actress becomes scene-stealing star in Netflix's ''Orange Is the New Black''
- RuPaul's Drag Race Top 3 at Town Danceboutique [video]: Jinkx Monsoon, Alaska Thunderfuck and Roxxxy Andrews perform live in Washington, DC
- The Sweet Smell of Ba'Naka: Named after an alcohol-based breath spray, Ba'Naka is a regular spritzing drag queen about town
- So You Think You're a Drag Queen? Season 2, Episode 2: Seven contestants drop it on the dance floor...and into an Easter basket?
- So You Think You're a Drag Queen? Season 2 Begins: Five new contestants kick off Season 2, Episode 1
- A Wish for 2013: The time is now for Obama to sign an executive order on employment discrimination, and for our community to embrace the T in LGBT
- Drag King Christmas: Phase 1 of Dupont offers gifts of drag kings, as groomed by the venue's fairy drag mother Isis Deverreoux
- Racing Round Sandy: Hurricane postpones, but can't stop, D.C.'s 26th anniversary High Heel Race
- Bunny Business: A hop along the Lady Bunny trail includes RuPaul, Wigstock, YouTube, even an award-winning stint in porn
- National LGBT News Briefs: Good and Bad in Minnesota: Trans activist arrested, poll numbers positive and ExxonMobil shareholders vote against equality