Mission is ''to improve the relationship between the [Arlington, VA] Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (GLBT) community and the Police Department.'' Attend community events, vist gay businesses seeking support, tailored saftey training, recruiting, collect crim stats, & assist GLBT citizens with investigations.
Contact Info :
(Affiliated with Arlington County Police Department)
Phone: (703) 228-4389
This record: Created 06/21/2007 - Last updated 07/01/2007
- Suspect in Chinatown Transgender Assault Arraigned: Robinson pleads not guilty to charge with bias enhancement, as defense demands jury trial
- MPD Tracking Anti-LGBT Assaults: Police count five incidents, ranging from beatings to groping, with bias elements in past two weeks
- ''We Shall Not Be Moved'' Rally and Safety Walk in D.C. [video]: March through Bloomingdale and Eckington follows attack on gay couple
- Cops vs. Condoms: Health policies and police need to work together if they want to work best
- Human Rights Watch Decries Condom Confiscation: New report charges police in four cities with using condoms as evidence of prostitution, countering anti-HIV efforts
- Threat Prompts D.C. Evacuations: Los Angeles Police convey bomb threat to ''national gay rights organizations''
- Chief Lanier Wows D.C.'s Log Cabin Republicans: Police chief talks to gay Republicans about bias crime
- Choosing a Candidate: LGBT residents are hoping the next Ward 5 councilmember will be an ally and advocate
- Victim of Georgia Ave. Robbery Speaks: He and partner answer Metro Weekly's questions in face-to-face interview two weeks after his attack
- D.C. Officials Announce Arrest in IHOP Shooting: Police arrest a 27-year-old female in relation to the March 11 shooting at a Columbia Heights restaurant