"We envision a society in which LGBTQ people experience equal protection under the law, and are free from cultural and social transphobia, biphobia, and homophobia -- without caveat or compromise. To that end, GetEQUAL will work to inspire and equip the LGBTQ and ally communities to fight back against discrimination in a way that builds power and personal agency. It is our goal, with your involvement, to build a proactive and reactive strategy that will push for the progressive change we've been promised and rightfully deserve."
Contact Info :
(Affiliated with GetEQUAL)
This record: Created 09/20/2012
- Protest Shines on Ugandan Embassy: Light Brigade, GetEqual, GLAA protest Uganda anti-gay bill at country's U.S. embassy
- Jail Storms: How one blogger, in tandem with GetEQUAL, made the reluctant transition to activist
- Lt. Dan Choi, Mara Boyd and Autumn Sandeen at D.C. Courthouse [video]: Metro Weekly Senior Political Writer Chris Geidner talks with Boyd, Choi and Sandeen and Boyd upon their release.
- Protest Coverage Cut Short [UPDATED]: Park Police, Secret Service give contradictory accounts of why Lafayette Park was ''closed'' during White House protest by present and former servicemembers
- ''Not Guilty, Not Ashamed and Not Finished'': Dan Choi and James Pietrangelo choose to face trial for charges stemming from White House protest against DADT