Week-long June celebration of events include the 2-day finale of the Pride Parade and the huge Capital Pride Festival.
Contact Info :
(Affiliated with Whitman-Walker Clinic)
1407 S Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009
This record: Created 04/04/2007 - Last updated 06/26/2007
- Keen on Keenan: Keenan Orr is one of D.C.'s most versatile DJs, playing every week at hip straight bars as well as Cobalt
- Whitman-Walker Sponsoring Pride Parade: Community health center also plans TransPride sponsorship, while Capital Pride opens ''Heroes'' nominations
- Pride Parade Switching Paths: Capital Pride shares route change at ANC meeting
- 2013: A Look Ahead: Where To Go and What To Do in New Year
- Pride Surprise: Capital Pride kicks off 2013 with an unveiling
- Capital Pride Parade 2012 [video]: Metro Weekly captures all the fun and fabulous angles of D.C.'s parade for the gay, lesbian, bi & trans community
- There's No Place Like Pride: Attendees say celebration is about love, self-acceptance and community – and a one-year anniversary for Pepper MaShay
- Buns Away: A cheeky display in the Pride Parade turns out more awkward for an uncle than for his nephew
- DC Cowboys 'Save a Horse': Cheers for gay dance group as they give final Pride performance
- Gray Wows at Town Hall: DC Mayor appoints 20 community members to vacant GLBT Advisory Committee, tells audience equality promises are ''not just rhetoric''
- Black Pride Reckoning: Annual event compels us to demand justice
- Welcome to DC Black Pride Weekend: For 2013, the mood is all about ''Stepping Up & Being Heard''
- Pastor No More: Larry Burks is taking his first steps in the world beyond his clergy closet
- Ready, Set, Activism: DC Black Pride screens five films shining a light on community issues
- ACTing Out: African-American Collective Theater presents its 15th DC Black Pride production