As a new report finds that gay couples are honeymooning at increasing numbers and prefer warm-weather destinations, the Grand Wailea, on the beautiful island of Maui, yesterday announced a big aloha for its LGBT guests.
The Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, will begin offering Civil Union ceremonies to its gay and lesbian guests starting Jan. 1, 2012, when Hawaii´s new law legalizing these partnerships goes into effect. Grand Wailea also offers traditional commitment ceremonies, vow renewals and other social events to help our LGBT guests wishing to celebrate their special day or simply create lasting vacation memories.
To help kick off the new program, the first 10 couples to reserve a civil union package in 2012 will receive a complimentary 16 GB iPad 2.
Prices start at $2,500 for the Ho'i Hou Ke Aloha (Let's fall in love all over again) Vow Renewal package. Other packages include: the Pilialoha (Beloved companion) Civil Union or Commitment Ceremony; the Mahina (Moon) Celebration, which starts after sunset; and the Haleakala (Beautiful) Celebration. Details regarding each package is available on the hotel's new web page: www.GrandWailea.com/LGBT.
The 780-room Grand Wailea delights guests with a smorgasbord of irresistible conveniences, including:
- an award-winning restaurants featuring locally-sourced ingredients;
- an adrenalin-pumping recreational facilities including Hawaii's largest resort water park;
- the relexing Spa Grande, named Top Hawaii Hotel Spa by Travel + Leisure in 2011, is the largest spa in the state offering more than 100 treatments, and an extensive fitness facility;
- a priceless art collection boasting world-renowned masterpieces; and
- proximity to Little Beach, Hawaii's best gay-friendly beach, located three miles away.
The Grand Wailea is a TAG Approved property.
Get Elsewhere in your inbox! Join our e-mail list.