It's no secret that us gays love to travel. And, according to one recent survey, attending an LGBT event is a key motivator within the LGBT community for traveling. It would seems that discovering new places and people - and having a good time -- is in our genes.
As there is no shortage of gay and lesbian events across the country already on the calendar, Elsewhere wants to make it easier for you to plan by providing you our picks for 2012. Here are the lucky eight:
- January 15 to 22: Aspen Gay Ski Week - Celebrating it’s 35th year, Aspen Gay Ski Week is the oldest and largest of LGBT ski events.
- February 17 to 19: RoadRunner Regional Rodeo (Phoenix) - The kick-off event for the International Gay Rodeo Association's annual season, the RoadRunner Regional Rodeo draws top (and hot) competitors.
- March 28 to April 1: The Dinah Shore Weekend (Palm Springs) - Chaka Khan will have the girls going wild as the 2012 headliner for The Dinah.
- April 6 to 9: White Party Palm Springs - An international lineup of top DJs and some of the best parties - in and out of a pool - are on the agenda for Jeffrey Sanker's White Party.
- May 3 to 6: Equality Forum (Philadelphia) - Mixing activism and revelry, Equality Forum gives new meaning to the City of Brotherly Love (and Sisterly Affection).
- May 29 to June 4: Gay Days Orlando - M-I-C...see you real soon. K-E-Y...why? Because Gay Days Orlando is one of the best ways to experience the magic of Walt Disney World.
- August 16 to 19: Tropical Heat (Key West) - Four days of all-male themed parties and adult-oriented entertainment...what more can be said about Tropical Heat?
- August 29 to September 3: Southern Decadence (New Orleans) - Southern Decadence has been a Labor Day tradition for four decades and now draws more then 100,000 participants to The Big Easy.
Do you have other suggestions for 2012? If so, please add them in your comments below.