According to press release from GayCities, Tel Aviv received the most votes by GayCities readers in the "City of the Year" category to take the top overall prize in this year's challenge. American gay meccas New York City and San Francisco were awarded “Best Nightlife City” and “Best Pride City” respectively. Provincetown edged Palm Springs as “Best Resort Town.”
"It's great to see so many people using the GayCities platform to share their favorite cities all over the world," said Scott Gatz, CEO of GayCities, Inc. "Readers are helping each other find the best experiences where they live and travel."
Tens of thousands of people cast votes for great destinations in nine categories, ranging from “Best Dressed City” to “Best Sand & Sun City.”
The complete list of winners:
- City of the Year: Tel Aviv (43%); runner-up New York City
- Nightlife City: New York (32%); runner-up London
- Pride City: San Francisco (29%); runner-up Sao Paulo
- Resort Town: Provincetown (28%); runner-up Palm Springs
- Food City: Paris (22%); runner-up New Orleans
- Dressed City: New York (33%); runner-up London
- Sand & Sun City: Sydney (23%); runner-up Puerto Vallarta
- Settle Down City: Seattle (24%), runner-up Fort Lauderdale
- Up & Coming City: Buffalo (20%), runner-up Cape Town.
Fifty cities, from Rehoboth Beach to Santiago received nominations based on thousands of reviews, fans and check-ins this year by GayCities members across the globe. Each winning city will receive a special virtual badge on the home page of its GayCities guide.
Get Elsewhere in your inbox. Join our mailing list.