More than 15,000 women from all over the world are expected to gather in Palm Springs, Calif. for The Dinah, also known as The Dinah Shore Weekend, the legendary all-girl party and music festival slated for March 28 to April 1, 2012.
The five-day event has been in Palm Springs for 22 years, and coincides with the Ladies Professional Gold Association’s Kraft Nabisco Championship Golf Tournament (formerly the Dinah Shore Golf Championship).
“The Dinah will remain in Palm Springs and is expected to be the largest in the Dinah’s history,” said Mary Jo Ginther, Director of Tourism. “We look forward to welcoming all the attendees to enjoy the special festivities, our community, the sunshine and perfect weather.”
Created and produced by Mariah Hanson under the Club Skirts marquee, the lesbian party attracts top DJs, celebrity sightings and live entertainment.
Event highlights for 2012:
- Opening party with Pussycat Doll Jessica Sutta performing at the new Zelda’s Nightclub
- Cast members of The Real L Word
- A Q&A with Meredith Baxter
- The Dinah “White Party” featuring Nina Sky and Winter Gordon at Riviera Palm Springs Hotel
- The legendary Chaka Khan will perform at Saturday night’s largest dance party at the Palm Springs Convention Center
- All-day pool parties on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Closing Party at Zelda’s Nightclub with CeCe Peniston, know for hits “Finally” & “Keep On Walking”
The weekend's events will be emceed by E!’s “Chelsea Lately” writer and performer, Fortune Feimster, who will also give Dinah-goers a taste of her hilarious comedic medicine when she hosts the Laughing Loud 4 Comedy show with Suzanne Westenhoefer, Karen Williams and Jessica Kirson.
The Riviera Palm Springs is the headquarter hotel for The Dinah 2012 and special room rates are also being offered at Hilton Palm Springs, Renaissance Palm Springs, Saguaro Palm Springs, Courtyard by Marriott, Hyatt Regency Suites, Spa Resort Casino and Shilo Inn. In addition, Palm Springs is home to two women resorts, Casita Laquita and Queen of Hearts.
For Palm Springs travel information, go to www.visitgaypalmsprings.com.
Get Elsewhere in your inbox. Join our mailing list.