''The best drag queens always come from the southeastern part of the country. I don't know if it's because of the Bible Belt, but there's something about the south that just breeds great drag queens....
''That's for someone else to consider me that [a gay icon]. I consider myself someone who enjoys life. I love to laugh.... I probably am. That's none of my business. What other people think of me is none of my business....
''They got it a little bit wrong. I didn't have a heart attack. I actually had a fart attack! I had a strawberry Yoo-Hoo and a chili cheese dog, and it just blew my mind ... and everyone else's, too.''
RuPaul Charles discussing his career and the next season of his hit show, ''RuPaul's Drag Race.'' (OnTheRedCarpet)
Rumors circulated in July 2010 that RuPaul, now 50, had suffered a heart attack, and that his show had been put on hold for several weeks. Here, RuPaul seems to indicate that he had a run-in with something similar to heartburn -- a stomach acid condition that causes chest pains and emergency room visits because symptoms are similar to those of a heart attack.
''RuPaul's Drag Race 3'' begins on Logo tonight, January 24, 2011, at 10pm. The reality competition will feature 12 new ladies of illusion taking on fierce challenges in fashion and talent:
- Alexis Mateo - 30, St. Petersburgh, FL
- Carmen Carrera - 25, Elmwood Park, NJ
- Delta Work - 34, Nowalk, CA
- India Ferrah - 23, Dayton, OH
- Manila Luzon - 25, New York, NY
- Mariah - 29, Atlanta, GA
- Mimi -Imfurst - 27, New York, NY
- Phoenix - 29, Atlanta, GA
- Raja - 36, Los Angeles, CA
- Stacy Layne Matthews - 25, Black Swamp, NC
- Venus D-Lite - 26, Los Angeles, CA
- Yara Sofia - 26, Manati, PR