Royal Caribbean International’s Anthem of the Seas won a CRUIZIE award for Most Appealing New Ship.
LGBT travelers love to take cruises. According to Community Marketing Inc.’s most recently published “LGBT Tourism and Hospitality Survey,” 16 percent of U.S. LGBT travelers took at least one cruise in the past year (a percentage slightly higher than the general population).
This week, MeetMeOnBoard.com, an online information sharing and networking community of more than 10,000 LGBT cruise travel members, announced the winners of its 4th annual CRUIZIE Awards:
- Best Large Ship Cruise Line for LGBT Passengers: Celebrity Cruises
- Best Small Ship Cruise Line for LGBT Passengers: Azamara Club Cruises
- Best River Cruise Line for LGBT Passengers: Viking River Cruises
- Most Appealing New Ship: Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas
- Best Onboard LGBT Gatherings: Royal Caribbean International
- Best Onboard Shows and Entertainment: Royal Caribbean International
- Best Overall Food Experience: Celebrity Cruises
- Best Buffets (Ocean Lines): Celebrity Cruises
- Best Overall Shipboard Décor: Celebrity Cruises
- Most Comfortable Cabins: Celebrity Cruises
- Best Onboard Gyms: Royal Caribbean International
- Best Pool Areas: Royal Caribbean International
- Best Onboard Spa Facilities: Celebrity Cruises
- Best All-Gay Large Ship Full Charter: RSVP Vacations
- Best All-Gay Small Ship Full Charter: Brand g Vacations
- Best Gay-Group Cruise Organizer: Arno’s Bear Cruises
- Best Embark/Debark Port City for LGBT Passengers: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
A complete list of the CRUIZIE Award winners including 1st and 2nd runner-ups is posted on MeetMeOnBoard.com’s blog.